New Patient Experience
Dr. Wallace and her entire team love to welcome a new patient to the practice. We see it as an opportunity to partner with you to maximize your overall health and to change your perception of dentistry. Your new patient experience begins even before you visit the office. When you call the office you will speak with our Patient Care Coordinator, who will get the necessary information from you about your dental history and recent x-rays, as well as your dental concerns. You can fill out your new patient paperwork online before you visit us. By the time you arrive at the office, we have collected x-rays and records from the previous dentist and researched your insurance information, if any. Our goal is to simplify your transition to the office. Whatever your concerns, we will develop a custom plan that meets your dental needs.
Your new patient exam/cleaning visit will include:
- Having necessary x-rays taken and discussed with you
- Taking photographs to assess facial contours, lip support, and teeth
- Six screenings:
- Risk assessment
- Head & Neck/Oral Cancer
- Occlusal (Bite)
- Teeth Cleaning
Your first visit also provides both you and Dr. Wallace the opportunity for open communication. We like to say it is an “information-gathering session.” This appointment is scheduled to be longer than a regular cleaning appointment so you are given time to share your concerns and ask questions. your 2-3 hour first appointment will also include:
- Are you interested in whitening your teeth?
- Are you curious about veneers?
- You’ve always wanted straight teeth but don’t want to wear braces — what can you do?
- You’re nervous and want to know about the things we can do to alleviate your anxiety.
- You seem to get more cavities than your peers and want to know why.
- Your gums bleed and don’t understand if that’s normal.
- Tailoring your dental homecare to your individual needs.
- Explaining future dental treatments
Most importantly, you have the opportunity to talk with Dr. Wallace about your dental health and be a part of the team that designs your dental treatment plan. We strive to see patients on time at the office so we ask that you help us by:
- Completing your medical history forms online before your new patient appointment
- If your previous dentist has taken x-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office or ask us to get them for you (sometimes, offices will require verbal or written authorization from you before they release records to us; if there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office)
- If you have dental insurance, bring your insurance card
- IMPORTANT: A parent or guardian must accompany all patients under 18
- Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are on any medication (i.e. heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.) or require medication prior to dental cleanings (i.e antibiotics, for pre-med.)
Please preregister with our office by filling out our secure online Patient Registration Form. After you have completed the form, please make sure to press the Submit button at the bottom to automatically send us your information. The security and privacy of your personal data is one of our primary concerns and we have taken every precaution to protect it by using this system.
Make a Reservation
Palmetto Smiles of Beaufort is open Monday and Wednesday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Tuesday and Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. We will reserve your appointment as promptly as possible. If you have pain or an emergency situation, every attempt will be made to see you that day.
We try our best to stay on schedule to minimize your waiting. Due to the fact that Dr. Jennifer Wallace provides many types of dental services, various circumstances may lengthen the time allocated for a procedure. Emergency cases can also arise and cause delays. We appreciate your understanding and patience.